

Just when you think you can manage living on the French Riviera, you get 2 huge events happenning at the same time; then you realize that in fact, you DO live on the French Riviera and the Rich, the Famous, the Royals, the Stars and Everyone Else Watching is trying to get around here at the same time. The past week has seen the city of Nice sandwiched inbetween the Cannes Film Festival and the Grand Prix of Monaco. Film buffs and car fanatics mingling on train platforms while yours truly is trying, with 8 weeks left in a pregnancy, to negotiate the throngs inside the station to retrieve their in-laws for their recent 6 days visit from the north of France. Which essentially qualifies as 3 major events going on this week in Nice.
While cars were speeding around Monte Carlo and Tom Anks (as he is called by the French) was strutting around Cannes, I was learning the importance of the following word "bricoler", which means "handy-man stuff" or "do-it-yourself" or "fix-it". I have a whole new vocabulary in French now including things like "spackle", "curtain finial", "thimble" and finally "hexagonally-shaped terra cotta tiling connected with grout" (truly a word in French).
The photos of the coast feature VilleFranche, a charming seaside village close to Nice in the direction of Monaco, from a boat ride Saturday afternoon. I really do look that pregnant.
2 comments:
You look cute as can be and very pregnant. Can't wait to see you, Thomas, and the baby in August!
-Lisa
So tickled to see a new posting, just as I am about to head to bed! Fun to be transported across the ocean and see what you are looking like! Ernest and Cecile stopped by for a nice long visit on the back porch, with pictures of the twins...it is amazing to think that in 2 months YOUR baby will be out! I asked Wayne to ask you what the baby names you have picked out are, because it is a secret and you won't tell, but you might tell him. He said, "Okay, and then I'll tell you."
Good night!
SAM
Post a Comment