Monday, July 24, 2006

Respect

Here is the Blog Creator, fresh out of the hospital after a 6 day, 5 night private-room air conditioned stay that cost us less than three or four hundred dollars. Note to self: things to love about France - the health care system.

So, I just had a baby.
There's a lot of things to be said or recounted as the case may be.

But really I think I'll just say that I simply don't know how, or in what world, my mother did this over and over, 11 kids, 9 pregnancies, 2 sets of twins. I did literally think I was dying at one point during my exceptionally fast first-baby labor. Several times since I have doubted my capacity to meet the demands of motherhood, and I've been a mother for, like, 6 days.

I said to my mom on the phone yesterday "How did you do it?" She very matter of factly said "I just kept going. I didn't have a choice."

She did have choices, but she chose to make a lot of sacrifices. I hope I can do the same.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Estelle is lucky to have you, Julie, as her mother and Thomas for her father. Estelle is blessed with wonderful parents.
Love, Sam Jr.

Anonymous said...

I will have to print this one out for Mom to see!!!! Estelle is lucky to have you two, with your honest respect, amazement, honesty and love! SAM

Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»