Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Like Father, Like ?


So, it's official. Estelle looks like Thomas.
This, according to: the mailman (my new friend - see previous post Care Packages),
the midwife,
the pediatrician (never seen Thomas but says she looks nothing like me, thus....),
my family (from digital photos),
our neighbor who looks himself like Barry Manilow,
all my friends here,
my obstetrician, and, for that matter,
everyone else.

The obstetrician said to me today "Look at it this way, no one can accuse you of cheating with the mailman!" he chuckled away. I fake-smiled him.

Really I could care less, I mean, Thomas is a pretty-boy, so that's F-I-N-E. But I'd like a better defense that what I've come up with so far, which is "yeah, she's got my feet". Pathetic.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know... When I saw Sunday's post, my first thought was "She's looking more and more like Julie every day."

Anonymous said...

I am amazed at how much she has changed in the few weeks since I last saw her. I used to think she looked like both of you. However, from the recent digital photos I would have to agree that she looks more and more like Thomas as she grows older.
-SAM, Jr.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, this is the sweetest photo yet! And I think she looks like Wayne here...and Thomas. And you said well at least she has your feet, but let's not forget the jump of the ski nose, or maybe that has changed?
It is just the sweetest photo!!!
SAM

Anonymous said...

Well, Julie...I disagree. In the photo you sent on Wayne's birthday, I thought Estelle looked SO MUCH LIKE YOU!!!
-Sandy