Saturday, December 16, 2006

I Accept


Sometimes all it takes is a college roommate's boldface dare on your very own blog's commentary to get you to do things your husband never knew you were capable of. Touché!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Julie, you need to re-read your Shakespeare with a little more care. "Romeo & Juliet", Act 1, Scene 1:

GREGORY: I will frown as I pass by, and let them take it as they list.

SAMPSON: Nay, as they dare. I will bite my thumb at them; which is a disgrace to them, if they bear it.

[Enter ABRAHAM and BALTHASAR]

ABRAHAM: Do you bite your thumb at us, sir?

SAMPSON: I do bite my thumb, sir.

ABRAHAM: Do you bite your thumb at us, sir?

SAMPSON:[Aside to GREGORY] Is the law of our side, if I say aye?

GREGORY: No.

SAMPSON: No, sir, I do not bite my thumb at you, sir, but I bite my thumb, sir.

Julie, please note Shakespeare's use of the appropriate digit.

Anonymous said...

I knew you could still do it, Julie! I never doubt your ability to do anything.

Anonymous said...

For the first time, I now see the resemblance between Jules and Estelle! How did I ever miss it!!
SAM

Anonymous said...

Note to self: Do not dare Jules...
-Beckster