Monday, January 29, 2007

Rubber Duckie, UR the One!


This shower gift from last winter in Vermont, which has sat on the shelf in the bathroom, is having its moment in the spotlight over the past few weeks. This duck has become the love of my daughter's life, she becomes almost uncontrollable in the bathtub when it is presented to her. It's all about the chew factor.
For 2 weeks I've been singing the first verse to the song as it was all I could remember. I finally went on line and got all the lyrics. What a great tune! Estelle seemed almost relieved tonight to hear the rest of the song.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

In this photo, Estelle really looks like Peter and Paul did as babies. (minus the sticking out adam's apples!
What a sweetie. Those teeth have not popped thru yet?

Anonymous said...

Julie wrote: "It's all about the chew factor. For 2 weeks I've been singing the first verse to the song as it was all I could remember."

At first I was puzzled. A song about "the chew factor"? Then I remembered!

"She's so heavy" by Lennon/McCartney

I want chew.
I want chew so bad.
I want chew.
I want chew so bad.
I want chew so bad it's driving me mad, it's driving me mad.

Léna OUILLADE said...

okay, you got me. Dan?

Anonymous said...

Sorry. No more bad puns. I promise.