Thursday, May 17, 2007

Ascension-Day Auction

Today is Ascension, yet another national holiday in the month of May in France. This makes this month's Day Off #3 for the lucky French.
To honor this holiday (something religious, obviously, not that you can tell by the non-church-going French), I'm considering auctioning off Estelle, or perhaps myself, if it means I can leave my present day-to-day and night-to-night existence and "ascend" immediately into heaven - or hell, which can't be any worse than the deal I've got now, so I'll take either.
Here are some recent shots to get the bidding going.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you dare auction off that sweetie-pie!

LG said...

Ascend yourself up to Canada...I'll bid some money for you to come visit! :) haha. Miss you, can't wait to catch up soon!

Anonymous said...

I'll take her!!! Now I really understand what the bathtub holder thing looks like! In the last photo Estelle looks like you in the photo of you eating berries that were sour on one of our Glover bike rides--do you remember?
Hang in there! Maybe you should give up some of your work jobs? Maybe you are just trying to do too much??
love you all!

Anonymous said...

Can I auction off an 18 year old and a 19 year old who both just had a hellacious fight over which one could go up to see their father??????......................
these dots represent the thoughts that I can't put into print!!! ps. Sam Jr. had some good advice. Also read the old Yiddish Folk tale, "It Could Always Be Worse" and throw in a "Hail Mary" for good measure. XO laura