Friday, May 11, 2007

Bonne Fete Estelle!


Meant to post this yesterday but due to the events of the day we are late in posting. Read on.......
So, every day has a Saint's name attached to it in France. This Saint's Day is referred to as your "fête". Fêtes are on calendars and diaries, engagement books, listed in the daily paper. They are announced on each news program, usually by the weatherman. People will send you emails and text messages on your cell phone, or call you up and say "Bonne Fête!". It's a whole thing.

My fête is April 8th. This year it also happenned to be Easter. Kind of like having your birthday be on Christmas - everyone forgot. But May 11th is the fête de Sainte Estelle, and so yesterday was Estelle's first "fête".

She celebrated by waking up twice in the nice Thursday night, and then, at the end of her big nap yesterday, vomiting profusely all over herself, her crib bedding, sleep sac, stuffed animals, in short, a wreck. When I called the Dr. he said, based on a fever she had at the beginning of the week, "better bring her in".

When I arrived (after bathing her and changing my own clothes), he himself came to the door and bellowed out "Bonne Fête Estelle!" as did his secretary. This prompted the same from various strangers in the waiting room. I said "You can have her."

In the end, it appears to be a teething issue, as she only has 2 teeth and that has been the case for 2 months. Now there appear to be several lurking, wreaking their evil havoc. Let's hope that is the reason for the recent madness over the past 3 weeks, prompting me to declare, as Scarlett did "Well I'm simply not going to have any more children Rhett. I intend to lock my door."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen the movie in quite some time, but I do believe that it is Rhett that gets the last say in the end????

xo laura

Anonymous said...

Ah, what a nice picture! Happy Fete Day, Estelle!! Bring on the teeth!

LG said...

Happy North American MOTHER'S DAY Julie!!!!! :)