
Back in Nice after 5 glorious, wild, poignant, hit-the-ground-running-every-morning weeks in Vermont. More on that later if I ever get the photos uploaded.
Meanwhile, how do you tell a one year old baby "I know you think it is daytime, but here where we are now, it is nighttime. So even if you don't want to sleep, please just lay quietly in your crib and don't make any noise for the next 7 hours because Daddy has to work in the morning." Not happenin'.
Instead, the whole family was up from 11 pm until 2:30 am, and one of our pass-the-time-jetlag-activities was to watch a cassette I brought back with me of The Electric Company special aired on Vermont's PBS station back in April.
Thomas said "That is Morgan Freeman singing "Easy Reader"? That is Bill Cosby? No way!" Then he learned how to make adverbs out of adjectives by adding "-ly", all about the silent "e", and the fabulous adventures of "Letterman". Trying to explain to my Frenchie husband the genius of Rita Moreno on this show, not mention that she makes one hell of an Anita in West Side Story - well, it's a challenge at one in the morning. In French. Holding a delirious baby.
If you were of the Electric Company generation, then you are with me. If not, well....you are missing out!
2 comments:
I recently bought "Sesame Street - Old School" on DVD!!! So I know exactly where you are coming from!
Thomas--any further bad language during this Glover Day race? For everyone's sake, I hope not.
Post a Comment