Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Labels

An American woman I saw the other day referred to Estelle as a "toddler". It's enough for cardiac arrest. "No, no, she's just shy of 15 months", I replied, laughing. "Exactly, a toddler", the smug New Yorker retorted back to me. What? Where is my baby, Estelle? Toddler? I think I'm in shock. I need a cocktail. Toddler? Surely I'll be, like, 40 or something when she's a toddler?

Fun at the local playground on Saturday afternoon. Papa does things Mommy hasn't dared to yet!
Ah yes, brownies for the rugby match, and little missy got a hold of the spoon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Estelle does look so tall and not a baby anymore...it's true! Great pictures!!

The Warriors Mom said...

The word "toddler" is hard for me too Jules! Every time someone says that Thalia is a toddler I want to correct them. I don't have a toddler, I have a baby. I'm ready to have a baby, not so ready to have a toddler. :)