Friday, October 05, 2007

Par la Barbichette!

"Je te tiens, Tu me tiens
Par la barbichette
Le premier de nous deux
qui rira
aura une tapette."

This little children's rhyme/game is a favorite. It involves grabbing onto the other person's chin (their "barbichette" = goatee) and the first person who laughs or giggles gets spanked.
So, here is a little video of the basics of raising your baby in France: grab onto that barbichette for dear life. And beyond that, photos of my bangs and Estelle and Thomas robbing my wallet.





5 comments:

ThePeahen said...

Wow! Somebody got her hair did!

I like the new look.

Anonymous said...

If the two Sams could see/hear the blog, they would certainly compliment Thomas on his fine singing voice.

(They don't even have cell phone service this weekend.)

Anonymous said...

OH my, God!!! That first pic of the bangs, why it could be a pic of Lisa!! And the other one, with you and Estelle, well, it reminds me of your 8th grade days!! you look so young!! Love the little goatchin song!!!! Estelle looks so tall and grown up. Just amazing. I love these little video clips!

Anonymous said...

That is a cute little french song. And about the bangs - I think if your sister Martha had the full bangs she would look like you!!

Clythie Clarken said...

Julie! I was looking at the photos and thinking,"how nice is it that Julie's sister comes to visit so often!" But it's you! Wow!