Friday, January 04, 2008

Holiday videos

Anyone but my mother, sisters and nieces will be bored watching these, so unless you are them, don't bother! But when there is an ocean between you and your granddaughter/niece/cousin, you'll take anything, I guess. I do have to say that I keep thinking of my now 26-year-old niece, Sara, who was born when I was 11. She was queen of the castle for a while in our family, and if you think Estelle is the center of the spotlight in these videos, imagine poor Sara surrounded by her grandparents, 10 aunts and uncles, and their spouses/significant others (okay so maybe I was single when I was 11, but you get the point). That poor kid was like our social science experiment (It should be noted she is now in the process of becoming a lawyer, no doubt in order to better defend herself and others in front of large, hostile mobs, be they blood relation or otherwise). Estelle, with only 4 people surrounding her at the holidays, is getting off lucky.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't believe Sara ever got the attention from her extended family that Estelle certainly is getting from hers. Well, I take that back. I remember one 11 year old girl crying when it was time for Sara to go back home to Atlanta. Also, Sara just told me that she has a love letter from Julie. So, I think it was mostly Julie who went goo-goo over Sara.

Anonymous said...

Too sweet!!! And to see how they love to interact with her....I love it!! She is lucky to have all these doting relatives!!

LG said...

Is that Thomas' sis in an adult onesie doing pirouettes?? Love it!

Anonymous said...

Personally I love that "rabbit" outfit! xo laura