Think I'm making it up? Google it and you'll see. Though we had to eat it over mashed potatoes and not saltines, since saltines don't exist here. Sigh.
Saturday night I had an evening with the glamourous on the boardwalk of Cannes, where the Int'l Film Festival is held. An acquaintance called with an extra ticket to see a friend singing jazz in one of the big theaters. Off I went for the show start time of 9:30 pm. Her band were all French - and quite famous at that - but the singer is American (has lived in Paris for 20 years, married to a Frenchman), and so sings all in English. Cole Porter, Billie Holliday. One song about being homesick with the blues which got me a little teary. But who cares! Free tickets, backstage entry after the show - fun to feel like this washed up mother of a toddler had her foot back in that old life I used to lead, occasional brushes with the rich and famous. Of course I was exhausted the next day, but still took Estelle for a long bike ride in the sunshine along the sea.
In other events, Estelle's latest antics - trying to swing a leg over the side of her crib and make a break for it:
5 comments:
I make "samon pea-wiggle" for mike also, he loves it. We eat it over toast though, I always liked it better over toast!
Salmon* whoops!
She looks like she's strong enough to get over the side! She better stay in that crib until she comes to America as we have TWO cribs set up and waiting for her!!!
She's a cute little Valentine!
You can make some Salmon Pea Wiggle when you come to Glover. Also, Sam, Sr. is looking forward to Thomas's speciality of crepes!!
Get that girl a crib tent! Or a toddler bed. Is she really that tall or is the mattress not all the way down? She looks like she could bend at the waist and lean right over the rail. I remember seeing Wayne tall enough to lean out over. I strapped the tent on and he had no hope of escape. That is, until he figured out a way to unzip it from the inside.
D,W,W,C,H
When she says 'Oui", it reminds me of the French Canadian way I used to hear Grampie say, just punctuating someone's else's story! And then, I think she really did try to imitate your "Happy Valentine's Day!" Cannot wait to see her (and all of you, of course!) All that pink, it was like a Valentine's card!
Post a Comment