Just a few photos to show life "back to normal".
The day after our arrival, we went to a olive harvest as we have for many years. Too bushed to participate - but we did get invited to the meal - boar stew on polenta. Yes, I did say boar. Killed by our host himself. Who I will not name, as it is illegal. But they do SO much damage, it's incredible. In any event, TASTY!
Enjoying an early Christmas gift from Grammie - a hand-made Monkey Doll.
This is a photo from Heathrow, where it was already Christmas last Saturday! Apparently even my camera was seeing blurry-eyed after crossing the Atlantic.
7 comments:
I would have loved to see the olives! Not that I like them but would just like to see them harvested!
Cute monkey doll! Cute Estelle!
Wow! All those olives. I love them. I would dive right in.
We have a sock monkey that Grammie made for Wayne when he was a toddler. Actually, Heather has staked her claim on it now. It's in her room. They are very cute. Nice to have something hand made by Grammie.
Grammie needs to start selling these sock monkey dolls... I would buy two!!
I LOVE olives!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great to see that you're settled back in. It must be hard, with the time change and the general pace change after a whirlwind 3 weeks in the States.
Olives are my favorite food, too! Estelle is a lucky kid!
Because I'm a 70's kind of guy, when I saw the first photo I thought Estelle was in a kitchen that someone was renovating with shag carpets. The next step is to install new appliances in tasteful Harvest Gold or Avocado Green colors.
Isn't Estelle old enough to work her way through pre-kindergarden? She could stuff the pimentos into those delicious looking olives, or stomp on them for some "extra virgin" oil!
Post a Comment