Fun rhyme, huh? If your French is good enough, you'll understand that this mean this house is in the throws of Chicken Pox, which all started one week ago on the day of my last post. After 4 1/2 days of a raging fever, out came the pox, and all was explained.
Photos later, when we come up for air.
Meanwhile, get that oatmeal bath going again!
Saturday, January 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
oh no. Poor Estelle. Has she been vaccinated? I can't remember at what age they get that one. Hope you and Thomas are doing ok. You all must be exhausted. Hang in there. When they're sick it seems like forever, but she'll be better soon. We're thinking of you.
We are thinking of you too and hoping that all the oatmeal baths and lotions help her to stay comfortable.
Poor Estelle...How is she handling it?
Remember when we were kids?
Chicken pox was just one of those childhood ailments that you could expect to contract (and parents hoped for a case severe enough to instill antibody production, yet mild enough that the child wasn't absolutely miserable). I actually got them three (3!) times when I was a kid. The cases got progressively worse until I had a case bad enough to build immunity. Imagine!
Now they give a vaccine in the U.S., which Elijah has had the first round of. He had a terrible reaction to it- a fever that lasted for days...I've read that some U.S. parents actually hold "Chicken Pox Parties" to expose their children, since either the vaccination or having had the disease is required for admission into public school kindergarten. I found a listing from craigslist:
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/wan/854765200.html
Crazy!
Hang in there, Ouillades!!!!
Post a Comment