Saturday, February 21, 2009

That's Entertainment!

Always something funny to do.
Tea with Mr. Potato Head and some Playmobile buddies, using a miniature tea set brought back from Japan by our musician-friend neighbors...

Last Sunday when our friend Naad and her daughter Mai came over, things got awfully quiet in Estelle's room where the girls were amusing themselves. With baby powder, we discovered shortly thereafter.
Re-discovering puzzles in the bottom of the toybox:
Playdough also became a priority again recently.
This past week our nanny Cathy was on vacation. So on Tuesday morning we took advantage of a chance to hang out at the library with Ines.
Speaking of Ines, Thursday was her 3rd bday and it was celebrated yest afternoon. Look at that yummy cake her mom made. She had also made a delicious, moist cake called a "yogurt cake" that is pretty standard here in France. It was sooooooooo good, I had 2 pieces. So did Thomas!

Note the fervor in Estelle's face as she sings her heart out:
Estelle, Inés, Clara and Mahé.
I think you can all figure out just who in this household dressed my daughter to go to an all-girl birthday party wearing jeans, a t-shirt and striped sneakers. "Mark my words", I said with a stern voice after a curt discussion before leaving the house to go, "all the other kids will be in a skirt and tights". With the arrival of each new girl bedecked in little girl finery (there were 2 more not pictured) my betrothed and I exchanged knowing looks across the room. "I get it, I get it" was his comment later on.
Here's a video to show yet another chorus of Frenchie happy birthday....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

She looks adorable in whatever she's wearing!!
SAM

cousin anna said...

Look how fancy those Playmobile outfits are! In my day, (when I had to walk 10 miles to school), Playmobile outfits were plain colors, not a sweater or overall in the bunch. Neat!

Love Estelle's hairdos lately. Will there be any pictures of her pregnant Mama in upcoming posts?

Sandy Alexander said...

I love that children are still playing with Mr. Potato head. In fact, I wanted to get Elijah one for Christmas, but Vt Toy & Hobby was ALL SOLD OUT!
Estell is just so pretty, she could have worn sweatpants to the birthday party and still stolen the show!
How is her singing voice anyway? I hear she comes from good stock.

Sam, Jr. said...

Loved Estelle's pony tails and singing.

Did we note correctly that Estelle blew out the birthday candles? Too cute!

W,C,H said...

I bet Estelle was more comfortable in her t-shirt and jeans than all the other kids.

Heather was happy to see Estelle using playdough. The pictures of Mr. Potato Head makes W,C,H wonder where their Mr. Potato head has gone to after I secretly gave it to Joanie (for her school, I think) because I was tired of picking up the pieces all over the house.

I want a piece of that cake!

Anonymous said...

Loved the pigtails sticking out in Pippy Longstockings style! xo auntie Laura