Today we were in a tri-lingual experience - and for once it wasn't Dutch.
Thomas' colleague, Salvador, who is from Argentina, came over with his daughter Renata (which means "reborn"). A wild and fun afternoon of French, English and Spanish ensued.

Both daddies took both girls to Park Vigier for fun and some games of hide and seek.


What you see behind the girls is the opposite side of the Port of Nice - the white lines painted on the pavement are for cars to line up when you wait to get on the ferry to Corsica.

Yesterday in a tricky move to keep her occupied whilst we were busy with other nesting tasks, I broke out something I've had squirreled away for over a year - a Madeline porcelain tea set that my sister Lisa picked up at a rummage sale at her school for a few dollars. It is absolutely darling. Estelle played with it nonstop for an hour. We had to tear her away to eat lunch. After lunch, she broke the sugar bowl. Oops.
Here's Estelle enjoying tea time - the funniest thing she said, which neither of us had ever heard her say and she must have got from her nanny is "Excuse-moi!". I also can't get over her knowing certain verbs and how and when to use them. I just barely mastered "renverser" maybe 2 years ago (to spill)!
For those who can't charge the video, here's a still photo of the same moment:

Yesterday in the early evening we actually did something social - went for "apero" or "aperitif" at Eliott's house. We were joined by another little boy we have met before, named Lou and his mom. There was a lot of fun to be had playing on Fransiska and Arnaud's bed.

And play dough. Lots of playdough action. At one point Evil Kenival showed up and demonstrated all the moves he has perfected in the comfort of his own home. This involved jumping off the top of the couch (already that in and of itself is a balancing act) and after landing with a bounce, going immediately into a headfirst somersault which then ended with another jump off the end of the couch. Thomas was amazed. I told him I'd seen it all before, there is nothing that kid can do anymore to shock me! Estelle and Lou stood by and thankfully had the good sense not to try it themselves. Only Eliott can pull that stuff off and not break his neck.

A busy and fun weekend! Lovely weather as well.
5 comments:
So fun to watch the video of Estelle playing with the tea set. We love hearing her speak all that French. Two things I noted about her, was how different she looks now with her bangs trimmed and what beautiful long eyelashes she has.
Also, I noticed what long legs that girl has as she straddled the tea set in one photo.
Thank God she doesn't try launching off couches like Elliot!
Grammie says, "I like the little Madeline dishes and the suitcase. Her French is very good, too, I think."
Such a precious video! I can't believe how big she is getting. What a cutie.
I loved how Estelle kept settling her butt into the floor...I remember that neat little tea set Lisa gave her!
SAM
OK, I'm sure I checked your blog yesterday and did not see this.
In a lot of pictures of Estelle lately, I think she looks like Katie when she was little.
I agree that Estelle's hair looks great! Julie, did you or Thomas trim the bangs yourself? They look perfect!
Renata is a beautiful little girl. I wondered if she and Estelle could understand each other, each speaking their native tongues?
Post a Comment