Yesterday was Ascension Thursday - Christ went up to Heaven and the French have yet another national holiday this month. Like the day after Thanksgiving, nobody works today either so it's a nice 4-day weekend over here. This is a mother-with-a-newborn's dream!
Here's a few photos of today's action:
This a.m. we hit the beach, leaving Léna at home with her grandparents. This was a big step!
What a delight to be baby-free for a few hours.
Plage Passable on St. Jean Cap-Ferrat:
Met up with Eliott & Fransiska and Loup and Veronique.








Estelle and Loup enjoying themselves....

Like three little beach bums, and a cruise-ship behind them...

Back at the ranch, Estelle played "baby":

This afternoon we went out for ice cream with our neighbor who kept an eye on Estelle two evenings so Thomas could visit me in the hospital with Léna. She also insisted on ironing our laundry during this period. Which is a riot, considering I don't iron.

This delight below is called "Fraise Melba".


Here's my indulgence - Banana Split! Heaven!

Tomorrow marks the end of Papy & Manou's stay and the arrival of Auntie Lisa.
4 comments:
We enjoyed the pictures in the water and are very curious about the wetsuits and the hats, which look different than the little bathing suits we're used to! Is this the new trend?
We also like the picture of Estelle acting like a baby and looking out of her eyes sideways... she's a movie star all right!
Enjoy Auntie Lisa because we know we'll miss her this week!
-Cousin Anna and Grammie
Congtatulations on having a baby-free afternoon. That's a nice treat.
I want a fraise melba.
And I want Aunt Lisa!
Cole likes the ship. We had to enlarge the picture and count the lifeboats.
Darlene can have the Fraise Melba- I want that banana split! Yum! And I want to go to the beach... But I don't want to go to the beach looking like I eat banana splits all the time.
Hmmmm.....Maybe I should just stay in Vermont- where beach days are really minimal- so I can eat more ice cream!
Have a wonderful time with Aunt Lisa- waht a great treat to have her come visit!!!
It is wonderful to be here in Nice. Estelle has been instructed by Julie to speak English to me, although I was drying my darndest to speak French.
Leah is just precious - such a good baby.
Julie and Thomas are doing quite well!
Nice is charming. I can see why they love this place!
-Lisa
Post a Comment