Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Eye-Opener!

In the midst of preparing for Estelle starting nursery school tomorrow, apartment-hunting, getting ready to have Léna go to the nanny's a bit, the Univ. calling me for the courses I'll be teaching, and many other stressors, we have some very nice news: Léna's eye has healed!

Anybody who has met Léna knows that she has had a blocked tear duct since birth, causing her to look like she has a bad infection and an oozing eye 24/7. All of the sudden on Tuesday, it stopped, just like the Doctor said it would. This means the duct opened up. Yeah!
Particularly pleased since everything I had read said if it's not open by 3 months it often stays closed until 10-12 months. So I had mentally signed on for the long haul. I was hesitant to believe it but now after 3 days we know it's over. It feels strange to not be incessantly cleaning her eye - it was such a habit!
Meanwhile, Estelle still wants to wear her "running" outfit every day. Thanks Lillian and Zutano! Léna is wearing BabyGap in these photos, courtesy of Skip and Dayne from SMC.


Yep, she's just that pudgy. And only on breastmilk!


Doesn't Estelle look like she can do no wrong in this last one....

8 comments:

Lil' Martha said...

OK, Estelle and Lena are as cute as a button!! I plan to print one at school and post on my wall! Glad the tear duct opened! Good luck in school, Estelle! Hope you get to paint magnificent paintings in school, or is it strictly the 3 R's? Did you and Thomas eat those 2 plates of zuchinni? Nicely done up!! Love, Mart

Anonymous said...

When I heard the song you put on the blog today I totally cracked up!
Good luck to Estelle for her rentrée today!!

Bises,

Larissa

Sam, Jr. said...

Wow! That tear duct was a long time opening up! Congratulations!

Yes, I agree in one picture that Lena looks like a little porker!

Unknown said...

Aww, Lena's storing up the pudge for when she shoots up to be 6 feet tall one day! Hope Estelle (and Mama) enjoyed the first day of school today.

W,C,H said...

Can't wait to hear how Estelle's first day goes. Cute pics - colorful outfits!

Anonymous said...

Precious photos!!
xo auntie Laura

Mary said...

What do they pay those teachers anyhow in France...peanuts??? Tell them you expect more!!!!
Love the pictures Julie...keep them coming.....the girls are lovely!
Love Mary B.
P.S. ...who finally learned how to post a comment to a blog at 50 years old!

Anonymous said...

These are old posts, but I am seeing them for the first time, and just love the beautiful pictures!! I miss those 2 little scmudkins!!!
SAM