Thursday, December 10, 2009

Old Dan Tucker in the Tub

Here's my advent wreath. We love it. Estelle especially cause she thinks when we light the candles, its time to sing Joyeuse Anniversaire.
We went to a great advent "gouter" Sunday at Helene & Sylvain's. There were 6 kids. Estelle was in hog heaven. I took the one photo below, then sat down and started stuffing my face and not only did I not take any more photos, but left my camera behind! Just got it back.

Every night post-bath we have a ritual: right after "She'll be Comin' Round the Mountain" and "I've Been Working on the Railroad", I sing "Old Dan Tucker". They are long songs and I can sing them over and over while giving them a liniment massage, cleaning ears and noses , putting on diapers and pj's, etc. Tonight when I started in on Old Dan, Estelle said "Mommy, stop singing." She took over. I had no clue she knew it all.

4 comments:

sam said...

So cute that she knew the song!!! I think you bought that pretty dress Estelle is wearing on your last visit home, nes't pas?
Love to see the pics!!
SAM

Sam, Jr. said...

We, too, think Estelle looks nice in her dress.

Grammie couldn't believe that Estelle knew all the words. Grammie thinks that Lena looks big when you were carrying her - she looks long.

Lisa thinks Julie's hair is as cute as can be!

Lisa agrees with Julie that her new bathroom is much bigger than the last! Wonderful!

Unknown said...

I love that the shower is in a separate room! This was true in my run-down old house in Bristol, too-- gives a whole 'nother meaning to "bathroom" without having a toilet or a shower.

Great singing, Estelle!

Sam, Sr. said...

I think Lena is getting pretty all the time. She is such a big girl. I thought she was trying to play "peek-a-boo" with her hands with you. There is one picture where I thought Julie looked like Anna!

And little Estelle looks like she is having fun making a creche out of boxes.

Love, Grammie