Meanwhile, Thomas videoed the playpen's inauguration:
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Playpens and Dollbeds
We decided to break out the wooden playpen we had been given as a gift for Estelle from Uncle RiRi and see what Léna thinks of it. However Sister #1 was more excited than anybody about it.
Meanwhile, we prepare for our own Galette party in a few weeks. Here are the invites I made with Estelle using old crowns. Quite clever if I do say so myself!
She looks loony in the photo but she was cute as she went off to school the other morning:
Meanwhile, Baby has a new bed, gift from my mom - the greatest little doll bed hand-made complete with a mattress, pillow, pillow case, coverlet and crocheted baby blanket, all handsewn by some 100-year-old lady in mom's church group. The bed is the bottom of a Whitman's Sampler chocolate box. Love, love, love it. It stays on the bottom of Estelle's bed, "where I can see it"
Tonight at dinner, Estelle pointed to her soup and said to me quite matter of factly "This soup tastes like Vermont." Stunned, I asked "Why?", and all I could get out of her was "because." I approached it from many angles and I kept getting "because", or the occasional, "just because", and one time "because it does".
Meanwhile, Thomas videoed the playpen's inauguration:
Meanwhile, Thomas videoed the playpen's inauguration:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Loved to hear all the French spoken by Estelle. Grammie will be happy to see the doll bed.
I think Lena has your eyes, Julie!
I was surprised how Lena was able to hang on and almost pulled herself up. Estelle is strong. She can climb right out of the playpen. I like to see her little dollbed, pillow, and so forth at the foot of her bed.
Grammie Alexander
Hi there, just catched up with our blog since before christmas. Cuteness dripping off everywhere!
And those patisseries all the time, now I'm hungry!
what kind of soup was Estelle eating that reminded her of Vermont? That's a very interesting comment that she made. Heather also seldom answers the question "why?" with anything more than "because it does," or "because I do." Very frustrating.
Great playpen, I am sure it will come in very handy.Looks a lot like the one that mom had..xo auntie laura
Post a Comment