Surrounded by moms who rave about being a mom and who write blogs about how delightful it is to be wiping noses and how they wouldn't change it for the world, I, for one, beg to differ. Are they all saints, or all liars? I always feel like some kind of federal criminal around those women.
For 2 fortnights I have been cramming somekind of medicine or other down my kid's gullet multiple times a day, most of it (and subsequent mucus and other upchucks) winding up on me, battling jetlag (ok, fair enough, brought that on myself) and other such nonsense and frankly its not too glam. Having said that, here's the poor kid trying out sledding when we were in VT:
Having said that, Léna is now officially crawling and this has added a whole new dimension to our little family. Like a faithful dog, she follows me everywhere in the apartment, including the toilet closet. Estelle thinks this is hilarious, until her Playmobil stuff is under attack, then suddenly big sis becomes tres possessif. With similar zeal, Estelle got busy last wk chez Aunt Martha, rockin and rollin in her big cousin Alex & Eliza's doll accessory kit. Baby-choking nightmare. Notice it is up high.
8 comments:
Hope you had a good nap, Julie!
Funny to picture Lena following you around on all fours even into the loo!
You had some really cute pictures here!
I'm dreaming of sleep with you. Although we had two full days to recover from our trip, I still have a cold (and now Tyler does, too) and all I want is my bed. Taking a sick day on Friday so I have something to look forward to!
Glad to hear Lena is crawling!
The nap was fab, thanks.
Both girls slept 2 hours, I had to wake them up!
Then we made quiche.
Julie- for the record, all I do is COMPLAIN about my sick kiddo. You're the brave one who travels overseas with two sick children. YOU are the saint!
Love the pictures!!!
On my blog, I only show the good stuff - achievements, milestones, everyday silliness. But I often think that if I had the time, I could also write a completely different type of blog about all the other aspects of parenthood. It wouldn't all be so lighthearted.
Sorry to hear Lena hasn't been feeling well. She's had more than her share this winter. Sounds like it's not stopping her from getting around though!
Had to laugh...just for the record I do remember hiding from all three of my cherubs by laying on the floor behind the bed just to have a few moments of peace. I just tried to ignore echos of , "Mom, Moooommmy, where are you?" From big sis Laura
Okay, Sam Sr., where did you find solace and when?
Sam Sr. says at night she read the paper before she went to bed. At noon she listened to Paul Harvey news for 15 minutes and had her lunch.
Anyone who says they enjoy wiping noses is most definitely a liar! I feel your pain - One or both of my boys have been in some state of the sniffles since October!! It's non-stop.
Post a Comment