Below: 2 minutes of Léna, her spoon, Estelle....
Sunday, May 30, 2010
Mother's Day in France
Mother's Day is today in France. Our day started with some chocolate croissants from the bakery down the street, then off we went to the beach on the edge of the French border to Monaco.
Above, Estelle in between Eliott and Loup on the water's edge.
Léna loved played with the pebbles while the kids played with Arnaud.
Léna says 'No way am I going in that water'.
The water was a bit chilly so us mothers let Arnaud, Eliott's father, take one for the team! He stayed in a good 30 minutes with all 3 kids.
Meanwhile, everybody's favorite Frenchie raked the beach to get rid of the dead blue jellyfish that you see lining the rocks.
What you don't see is Fransiska, me and Veronique (Loup's mom) laying down drinking tea.
Back at the ranch, it was time to have some fun with France's favorite vegetable, leeks.
And later, playing with a sand project kit from Estelle's godfather Francois. We got this when we saw him a month or so ago, but it was the same day as "The Outbreak" (lice) and so it got thrown into a cupboard and we forgot about it.
It's been a hit every since we (I) stumbled on it whilst in a OCD clean-up phase.
I also got a nice card and a new blouse from my family. And lots of kisses! happy French mother's day!
Below: 2 minutes of Léna, her spoon, Estelle....
Below: 2 minutes of Léna, her spoon, Estelle....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Happy Mother's Day! No better way to spend it than with your family and friends at the beach.
Glad to see the Glover Day t-shirts are well represented in France (particularly the bittersweet 2001 edition). Maybe Glover Day will become an international event.
What?! Since when does Lena talk? What else does she say? If Rachel pushes her off the chair, will she repeat "Lena! Lena!" and get made fun of in years to come?
Enjoyed the video of Lena eating her mush! I take it you will be glad if she is left handed like you!
Glad you had a nice Mother's Day!
Happy belated Mother's day! Sounds like you guys had a great day. Thanks for calling the other day. I will email you an update shortly.
Big hugs!
L xo
And I thought Lena was eating chocolate pudding!! Mushrooms mixed with WHAT!! :( She appears happy and so cute, despite the yucky mixture, and I too, was shocked to hear her say her name ( I think!!), Estelle looked like she enjoyed the beach, but I am squeamish & slightly curious what dead blue squid looks like?? Need a close up photo of that!! Happy Meme' day to you, Julie!! Love, Mart
Julie,
I thought the picture of Estelle sitting at the table with Thomas (with the sand art) looked a lot like Eliza at that age, and Lena....how cute is she??? Looks like a Ouillade for sure. I too was amazed that she could say her name and that she thought that mixture of veggies was "ummmm"....
Happy belated Mommers Day! Love, Mary
Post a Comment