Kermesse is the French word for the end-of-the-year school show and fair, with games and a bake sale, etc. It is run by the Parent's Association. It was Saturday morning and we were there right on time, with 2 batches of scones.

Waiting to go on "stage".... this was 9:00 a.m. and it was already hot. Estelle is in the back row, up on her knees, pink sleeveless dress and ponytail, not pigtails.



The class after Estelle's had her 3 little friends from Cathy the nanny's , the little Italian Carlo (far right playing picolo)...

And Mila and Marie - the two girls below - Marie really does look like Shirley Temple.

That's Patricia, Estelle's teacher in front


A little bittersweet as we know Estelle will change schools in the fall to attend the school in the "district" where we live now since our move in November. I say "district" since it is like 5 blocks from the current school but in a city, 5 blocks = a lot of kids = another school.

No green fields or cows or trees or grass in this playground. Concrete and barred windows. Sometimes I wonder what the heck I am doing raising my kid in a city.

A few videos of Estelle "dancing" for those who have time to kill - 1st one is the "warm-up", 2nd one is the dance, where Estelle seems to be the Pied Piper.
3 comments:
Ahh, these end of the year celebrations - so cute no matter where you live. We're going to the library today so we'll use their high speed to watch your videos. Estelle's got the best of both worlds - living in Nice, vacations in Vermont. What more could a kid want?
Very cute! I love how Estelle's class must have been told to wear pink! Estelle seems to be leading the group as she parades around during the music, sort of like the Pied Piper.
I loved it!! Live music with the violin! I thought Estelle moved great.
I just want you to know I am expecting scones every morning in Glover!!
SAM
Post a Comment