Saturday, April 09, 2011

Fingers, Fish, Fools, Fountains, Fowl

April Fool's Day in France is called "Poisson d'Avril". The object is to stick some kind of paper (or other) fish on other people's backs without them knowing it. Just as simple as that. Nothing more, no pranks, no hoaxes, no War of the Worlds. Just slap that fish on without the other guy knowing.
This was so much fun for Estelle. She made this fish at school. The big 'joke' for her class was that when they open the gates (literally, there are gates) and all the parents rush in at 4:30 to pick up their kids, Estelle's class was not in their classroom. They were no where to be found. They were....hiding with their teacher in the "library" (which, p.s. I didn't even know existed as we have never been in it nor shown it nor told about it).

Sunday the 3rd Thomas took the girls to a big enclosed animal park near the airport (I was frantically working, as I have been for 2 weeks on 2 big deadlines). There happened to be an antique car show next door.

Antique? This? What?

Yep. cute.
Here's a look towards the Asian Arts Museum of Nice, adjacent to the park.
Some great fountains at this park. Some are musical!

A bit of waterfowl.
She might as well be in high school. Look at her! She's FOUR.

Some kinda wierdo kangaroo stuff. (Remember thomas took all these photos)
Later in the week, Léna, true to her recent obsessions with advertising leaflets (remember the Playmobile circa 1986), carries around a DVD ad for Curious George for 3 days.

Why do anything else? Stick beads on your fingers. In perfect colored symmetrical order, please note. (OCD? Whatever do you mean?)

"Get those beads outta my grill, sis."

Okay off to bed.

3 comments:

Sam, Jr said...

How nice that Thomas took the girls off to see the sites while you worked. I giggled at Lena's fascination with advertising leaflets, as I was remembering her jabbering in excitement over the Playmobile pamphlet.

Laura Geigle said...

So sweet! I think Curious George was first published in France!

Lil' Martha said...

I love the fountains! I guess this is a part of Nice that we never saw! Not only is Thomas cultural, but artistic as well, making baked dough that the kids can paint! A man of many wonders! Love the April Fools fish on the back. We used to play "There is a skunk on the porch!"