Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Visits from London & around the corner

The Saturday before break, Estelle's classmate Alice came to play.

She lives a few blocks away and her mother, whilst French, is an English teacher and speaks to Alice in English quite a bit. This is funny for Estelle because Alice understands a lot of what I say.
Things to do:
Tug of war with a jumprope

Play with Dressy Bessy:
Léna likes having visitors in her room!

Decorate brownies...(with chocolate chips from Canada - Helene that's you!)
Get out the playdough:
Board games:

I guess when you are invited for a playdate, you should bring flowers. Even if you are 4. Here is the rose Alice brought Estelle.

Make music:

Eat brownies!
There were a few tears when someone won or lost a game but in general they had a great time. You can see they are used to "sparring" in the classroom because they were very comfortable with each other and made no bones about defending themselves.
Meanwhile, queen for a day:


I'm getting up on this bench if it's the last thing I do:
Ready for the Phish concert:
One other afternoon we got to see our friends from London, the Berrys:
Eleanor and Benjamin entertained the kids:
Janette and I chatted nonstop.
Benjamin, 5 years ago, took Latin lessons from me when they spent a year living in Nice in their home here. Since then they are back in London.

Eleanor got a workout:
Doesn't she look tired?
Great to see them, as always.
So, here we are, Thomas and I are on morning 3 of waking up to an empty apartment. Let's put it this way, it's 7:51 a.m. and one of us is still asleep.

1 comment:

Sam, Jr said...

Looks like Estelle enjoyed her play date. I think it is neat that her little friend can speak some English.

Lena looks adorable, as always.