Friday, September 16, 2011

The Hills Are Alive

Playing catch up with photos from our 2 weeks in the Cantal.
Readers may recall that Thomas and I stole away for 2 days in the Volcano region.
Here are photos from our walks OTHER than the hike up to the Puy Mary which you saw in a previous post.
One afternoon we hiked in a field where it was just us and the cows. With horns.


And many little sheperd's huts out in the middle of nothing with no electricity. They are to watch over the herds the cows.

This was a bull who was a bit away from the cows. We had to go around him. I was terrified. There was not a single other soul, we had seen no one for 2 hours, and our phones had no reception.




















2 amazing and beautiful sunny days.

8 comments:

Lil' Martha said...

Where was Heidi and Grandfather to help you herd the cows? Oops, I think it was goats! What beautiful views! Did you start singing the Sound of Music?" How nice you and Thomas could get away and get close to a bull run!

Mary said...

Lucky you Julie and Thomas!! It does seem even more beautiful than Vermont!!! Glad you had some time to yourselves!
Love,
Mary ;)

Laura Geigle said...

Breathtaking photos!
Love to you all! xoxoxo

Aunt Lisa said...

Wow! What a paradise! So beautiful! Loved the picture of you scared of the bull and the solo one of Thomas looking as handsome as can be!

Sandy Alexander said...

Haha, cute picture of you looking wary of the cows with horns! Beautiful scenery, just like you see in the movies!

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful!!!!
SAM

W,C,H said...

How did I miss all these September posts? I hate Blogger.

Aimee said...

That picture of you with the cows is so funny... I think it should be your new FB pic. :)