Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Halloween, French-style

Before Halloween, the girls enjoyed a whole week with Papy & Manou.
They did a lot of things like reading and playing and writing and walking around, merry-go-rounds, parks etc.
We were sad to see them go!
Meanwhile, I helped Craig and Doug clean out their attic one day. Here's some of the loot I brought back.
Sunday was a beautiful Nice day. After Papy & Manou got on the road, we went to the market. Here's Thomas and Estelle buying bread.
This sculpture reminds me of "It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World".
Place Massena, the main axe in Nice.

Reading in bed:
Getting ready for Halloween:


p.s. nothing is wrong with Léna's head - she just likes bandaids.

Monday evening we went to a little Halloween gathering with 4 other couples.

Above: Loup, Louise, Lena, Eva & Estelle. Below: Loup's neighbor and babysitter graciously let the kids come "trick or treat" at her door and really went all out. She even lined the stairs in the building with snap-caps so they're was a lot of cracking and popping as we all trudged down the stairs.
Later the pregnant or recently pregnant women arrived. Flora (orange and black witch with long curly hair whose pregnant mom never got in a photo). And below:
Fransiska and Basile, who was 2 weeks old that day. Yes that is non-alcoholic beer. I should add she did a home-birth, as she had for Eliott.

I orchestrated lots and lots of games for the kids. Here's Eliott, bobbing for apples. We had a lot of fun.
Here we are going home at 11:00 pm on the streets of Nice that are under HEAVY surveillance because of the G20.

Little did I know that the husky Lauren Bacall voice I had by the end of night was not in fact due to shouting during all the kids' games.... Things seemed shaky yesterday - too much to just attribute to too much Halloween fun the night before. This morning I called the Doc and went in - fever and all. He listened to my lungs and slapped me on antibiotics for whatever's going on there. Anyways all lessons cancelled tomorrow due to G20 so luckily I can lay low for a day at home with NO KIDS - back to school/routines tomorrow!

5 comments:

Aunt Lisa said...

HOw nice that Manou and Papy got to spend time with you all. I bet Estelle and Lena were sad to see them leave.

Franciska looks wonderful for having a two week old baby!

I can't believe you got to celebrate Halloween. What fun for the girls!

Hope you get over your sickness soon!

W,C,H said...

I bet the girls will miss Papy and Manou.

Halloween looks like just as much fun in France as it is in the US. Nice job on that jack-o-lantern, Estelle.

Interesting that you brought back Tampax from Craig and Doug's attic.

Sandy Alexander said...

Haha, I also was wondering why C & D had Tampax in their attic????? GREAT pictures, tons of Halloween fun. Estelle is a little fashion queen, I love her outfits!!!

Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better now julie!

Anonymous said...

Somehow I had missed this blog...it was fun to see all the photos of Andree and Guy's visit and Halloween fun!! Can never get enough photos of you all!!
Love, SAM