Friday, February 03, 2012

No more diapers!

2 weeks ago on a Wednesday, Léna just said "I'm going peepee in the toilet". And that was that.

We had this little chart that came free with diapers in the US last summer. Léna went from 0 to 60 in 1 second. There was no middle-ground or accidents or anything. Just like that, snap your fingers, she decided to use the toilet (not even a little potty - I mean the real deal) all day long, for everything.
At first I thought I'd need to reinforce the good behavoir with stickers - I soon blew thru my stickers! (hey mom do you recognize those? You gave them to me, they were on rolls...)

Meanwhile, we went to a housewarming with friends last Sunday. Here is Basile, Eliott's little 3-month old brother, with Rose, who is Flora's 5-wk old sister.


There was some costume fun - Flora, Eva, Estelle & Celestin.
Another day, I found Estelle playing "teacher/school".
These 2 are good friends. Mostly.


Saturday Thomas made us a marble cake- yummy. Even tho he forget the baking powder.
Wednesday afternoon, Léna took her nap, I layed down on the couch, Estelle played quietly, then came to lay down with me, and fell asleep. I got up, Léna woke up, and calmly stood guard over Estelle until she woke up.

Here's Estelle & Léna Skyping with cousin Heather in America.

So much fun to have together on Wednesdays when there's no school.
Monday night - whoops! Out came Estelle's tooth!
Well guess that's all for now. I'm in a lung relapse that I'd rather just not get into for lack of energy but people are watching so hopefully and almost certainly it's not all going to spiral like before.
It's cold as can be over here! Below freezing. Quite unusual. Not helping the lung issue but we've seen cars with snow on the roofs which is shocking around here. Tuesdays they cancelled school at lunchtime and Thomas was let out - all we had in Nice was rain but all around was snow.

7 comments:

Cousin Anna said...

Congratulations to Lena! What a big girl. How exciting for Estelle to lose a tooth, too. Is there a French tooth fairy?

Hope you feel better soon.

Sam, Jr said...

So proud of both of your girls - Lena, for potty training herself, and Estelle, for losing a tooth!

Fun to see Elliot's new little brother!

Hope you feel better again soon, Julie!

Anonymous said...

Bravo for Lena...growing up fast!! Loved seeing all the pictures...Take care of yourself, Jules.
Love, SAM

Anonymous said...

And may I just add that it is incredible that the chart made its way back to France, that you thought to resurrect it in time for the event...even with a pleurisy relapse!
SAM

Aimee said...

Yay for potty training the easy way! Do you think she got inspiration from her big sister? I heard about the cold there on NPR yesterday - how cold did it get at your place?

Laura Geigle said...

Wow Lena, way to go!!
Hope the docs keep a close eye on you! xoxoxo

Karen said...

How wonderful for you! I CAN'T WAIT to be done with diapers FOREVER. Maddy is showing interest in the potty, but it is sporadic at best. I predict before the end of this year though.

Hope the tooth fairy is good to Estelle! And maybe she can bring you some new lungs too.... Hang in there my friend! xoxo