Thursday, April 05, 2012

"My Sister, Rebecca"

Dad used to often tell people about "My sister, Rebecca, over to Colchester...."
This image below captures many memories we all have of going to Becky's, especially on Christmas Eve:
And I remember spending a lot of time in Dad's last week with Becky on the other end of his armchair, just like this photo:
I don't know where this one came from, but that's me for sure. I like that you can see she's got a good strong grip on my head to give me a kiss, and you can see that great manicure again!
I'm so glad I have a number of photos of both my girls with Becky:

I bet Dad and Becky are catching up someplace right now, with Ellie and Warren and Dick and Walter. What a great lady.

5 comments:

Aunt Lisa said...

Becky had a very fitting funeral for such a fine lady. Many shared special memories of a special person.

It was a great celebration of what a spirited, intelligent, fun-loving person she was.

Laura Geigle said...

We knew that you were with us in spirit saying farewell to our Aunt Becky! xo

Lil' Martha said...

I loved that Daddy called Aunt Becky, "Rebecca."A beautiful name for a beautiful person. All the photos that Chris posted were from me, over the many years of snapping pictures. I thought you would love the one of you and Becky, perhaps wearing one of your 12 Pandora sweaters Mom bought you? Hee Hee! Thanks for your loving tributes to Becky.

W,C,H said...

You look exactly like her in the photo on the cover of the program.

Anonymous said...

It is so hard to believe she is not still down there in her chair, watching a baseball game and eager to talk about a million things and show you a million things.
SAM