Sunday, June 03, 2012

Mother's Day

Today is Mother's Day in France: Estelle recited a wonderful poem for me by heart, and also gave me this great portrait of myself, with a bouquet of flowers and lavender. Quite professionally mounted I must say.

I got a lovely letter in my mailbox from Estelle. Her teacher actually took all the kids to the post office to mail them. Very sweet. I'll let all of you enjoy testing your French skills by reading it.

We were at Eva's postponed birthday party all afternoon and a good time was had by all baking under the Mediterranean sun. Holy cow summer is here.

6 comments:

Aunt Lisa said...

Don't tell me that Estelle wrote that letter herself or did a teacher transcribe what she said?

Anna said...

Bedtime stories are the best! I'm with Mom, if Estelle has written that letter then holy cow, she is going to take over the world before she turns 6.

Happy mother's day! Love your new blonde hair and that great expression on your face in the first picture.

W,C,H said...

I LOVE Estelle's portrait of you. She is quite the artist. And don't even get me started on her cursive handwriting! Around here they don't teach cursive until 3rd grade.

I think she writes that she loves your cooking, she likes when you take her to the beach (on a bike?) and pick her up from school with kisses, and at night she likes when you read history books.

Happy belated Mother's Day.

Lisa said...

Darlene, I didn't know you understand French! I am very impressed!

Lil' Martha said...

Whatever Darlene said, I agree!! Estelle's letter is impressive and quite endearing! Sweet photo of you both! Love, Mart

W,C,H said...

Did I get any of it correct? I was totally guessing and sort of joking.

I also have to say that I am very impressed with how she writes in such a straight line. I still can't do that.