Saturday, September 08, 2012

Fresh Start

 Back to school!  Estelle moves over to the "big school" for first grade, and Léna begins preschool full-time.
 Léna must wear a yellow apron with her name on it.  This is one of the 2 we bought.  They cost 33 dollars each.  Seriously.  Not including the name badge.  It's a racket.
 Matching backpacks!
 Estelle on her first day!
 All week Estelle has been asking me to cut off her hair.  She brings it up every day.  Today we decided to do something about it.  BEFORE:

 AFTER!

She looks old to me!

7 comments:

Lil' Martha said...

So sad to see her beautiful long hair get cut, but she is as cute as a button with her new doo, and yes, does look grown up! So glad she didn't take the scissors to her hair, herself, like Alex and Eliza did years ago!! Love the first day of school photos! So eager! Love Mart

Aunt Lisa said...

Yes! She does look older with her hair cut. So cute, though!

Anna said...

Cuuuutteeee! Short hair is so much easier. Congratulations on back-to-school to the whole family.

Anonymous said...

Estelle, your new haircut is just beautiful...it looks great!! I bet it is easier to take care of, not so many tangles. I just got mine chopped off, too!
love, Joanie

Léna OUILLADE said...

Well she seems to be totally nonplussed about her hair. Doesn't miss it at all. I can't decide if I think she's prettier before or after. Certainly MUCH easier to control/wash. And though you can do less things with it now, in other ways, it's lighter, so I certain barrettes, etc work better.

W,C,H said...

LOVE the haircut. It looks really great. Congratulations to Lena for starting preschool. I'm sure she's in charge of everything!

Aimee said...

Both girls in school! Was that a happy or sad day for you?

What's up with the yellow apron? Every day for the whole year???

Oh - and that wedding above - what a beautiful location!!!