Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!

 Our Valentine's Day is off to a good start.  Here's Estelle & Léna with a nice care package that arrived in the mail last week from Auntie Martha.
 Little Debbie's Snack Cakes - Iced Valentine Brownies.  (this is a silly joke between me and Martha which dates back a few years, trying to hide Little Debbie products on each other.  Don't worry if you don't understand.  We barely do!)

 But look how excited they are because of the colorful box!
 Yum Yum!


 If it's sweet, she'll eat it.

And here's a little "atelier" for making Valentine's Saturday morning before we left for our snow-weekend.  This was fun.

Today at school it's Carnaval.  Really, Tuesday was Mardi Gras, but since the teachers were striking (There is a proposed reform to make the kids go to school on Wednesday mornings, which no one wants). Carnaval was pushed back to today.  Léna went in full cowgirl/flamenco dancer attire.  She was excited!  Estelle's school doesn't do this but I will go today to give a little English lesson, my first time since she's been in 1st grade. Should be interesting!
My special Valentine Thomas is in bed for day #2 with a gastro/flu bug that all of Nice seems to have.  I myself am back on cortizone for my lungs as I've been coughing up stuff.  And Léna's been sick too with a cough.  We are ready for vacation which starts in 2 days!

4 comments:

Aunt Lisa said...

Hope everyone gets better soon!

The girls look so sweet! Can't wait to see them again this summer!

W,C,H said...

Happy Valentine's Day Lena and Estelle.

Crazy Valentine's Day here with 3 school parties to get ready for - Heather was home sick (again!) but I took in her cookies that we had made and her cards for her classmates anyway.

I remember when you and Martha were hiding the Little Debbies on each other. Somehow, in the end, I found them under my pillow one night!

Mary said...

That Martha and those little Debbie cakes -- all stems back from Aunt Elaine I believe?
The girls look adorable as always!

Laura Geigle said...

Yummy Little Debbies
Hope your lungs clear up quickly!