Above - Léna bday party in Nice one week ago today. We got sprinkled on a few times, but other than that, a fun day & picnic!
Léna has on a t-shirt that says "Birthday Girl". It had been Estelle's and I ran across it just in time!
Basile in orange.
Starting the first game - a Scavenger hunt for things you'd find in a park.
Thank you Fransiska for documenting this event with my camera! If Thomas and I look weary, we had been up l-a-t-e cooking and baking after a l-o-n-g day at the school flea market.
All those kids packs from our flights every summer on Air Transat came in handy....
Here I imitate something, or someone. Who knows. Behind, the port of Nice.
Basile sees a plan.
Estelle, Maelys & Eva looking on....
Time for singing & candles....
I had colored the cupcake batter blue (which is unusual in France, they never use food coloring) so one child asked me "Why are you making us eat Playdough?"
Léna and Estelle enjoy their blue cupcakes! Léna's was decorated with a "speculos" cookie and lilac frosting.
Estelle wants to say: "I took a cupcake with pink frosting and blue inside and the Oreo on it. And a fairy decoration. It was good."
A limbo game was fun too!
Hours later, one little four-year-old was fast asleep reading her new book about being 4. It was a great day with good friends and lots of fun for Léna - she received some fun educational gifts too. And Estelle went on to a 2nd bday party in another park that afternoon before this photo was taken!




7 comments:
Looks like Lena got the best birthday present ever! A wonderful day in the park with a great scavenger hunt, and then a good nap afterwards!! Whew! Looks like you and Thomas needed a nap after such a busy weekend! Gotta love the comment about playdough! Julie, love the expressions on your face! Very theatrical!
Oops! Absolutely love the photo of you and Mom! So loving and sweet! I am going to print it up to make me smile on this Mother's Day!!
Happy Mother's Day! Looks like Lena had a fun birthday - I can't believe how big she is already!!!
Looks like a super fun birthday. Happy Mother's Day.
Isn't that just the most beautiful photo of you and Mom!!!!
Loved seeing all the fun at Lean's birthday...I just got her a present this week which I will save for when she is here...
Love, Joanie
Lean Lena!
What a wonderful memorable bday for 4 year old Lena!
You two are incredible parents!
Post a Comment