Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Léna's 6th birthday

 As usual, Léna's birthday fell during the 2-wk school break this year.  So she was in Calvinet celebrating with her grandparents, aunt, great-aunts & uncles and many 2nd cousins.  But, when we came back, we had her party! 
 Thursday was Ascension, so we always have this random Thursday off in May.  It was a perfect day to schedule a party in a park with a whole bunch of kids.


 I made those cat cupcakes and my friend Saguit, Léna's friend Liora's mom, make this four-layer cake.  It was heaven.
 Thomas did this great riddle-intro treasure hunt.  It was fun fun fun.

 That blond haired cat-boy is Achille.  If I could eat him, I would.  I love him, even last year when he bit Léna's leg that left a mark for 2 days, I loved him.

 The riddles led to this puzzle being put together, and the kids had to then find something saying "Rooster".  (which of course meant nothing to them).
 And so then they hunted all thru the park, and finally they found Thomas' hockey bag (brand "Rooster").

 In the bag was the ballerina slipper pinata!  Léna begged for this pinata for a week.  It was the quickest 20 euros we ever saw slip thru our fingers. 
 Coco the Mascot made an appearance.

 Estelle, Eva & Romane.

Pillow, Art kits, jewelry kits, blocks, mosiacs, Legos, journals, cups, alarm clocks.  Crazy.
 Without me really saying anything, almost everyone got her Frozen stuff!  Who knew Trouble came in a Frozen version?
Léna had a great, great day.   So did we!   That night she said "J'adoré aujourd'hui.  Tout et tout et tout!"

2 comments:

Aunt Lisa said...

Ahh, so nice that Lena was thrilled with her birthday. You two make great parents who plan such fun parties!

W,C,H said...

I hadn't seen this post until today. When we talked via skype the other day,I didn't realize that one of the many birthday parties in your life was another party for Lena! Looks like fun. Love those cat cupcakes and the ballet slipper pinata. Have never seen one like that.