I crack up when I think of how I was teaching an English lesson less than 3 hours before her birth. I had no idea!
What a difference the second time around. Léna has already caught up (and then some) on her birthweight. When Estelle was 2 weeks old, we were all completely at the end of our rope and had 2 trips to the hospital under our belt. Every single hour Thomas and I look at each other and say "Thank god it's easier this time".
The weather has been lovely ever since her birth. Sunday we all went to the park and met up with my friend Charlotte who now lives in Rennes.
Speaking of Estelle, here are 3 photos of the scrawny thing herself, back in the day...see any resemblances?
This next photo shows Estelle at 5 weeks, when she tipped the scales at barely 7 1/2 pounds. Léna, at 2 weeks, weighed in today at 8 1/2 pounds. What a difference!
This is also Estelle - I remember my Aunt Eleanor seeing this photo and saying to me "Look at those FEET! She'll be tall, mark my words. Just like an Aldrich!" (this is a line of her and my father's family)....
Tomorrow Papy and Manou arrive and Daddy can stop being the house chef - I think he is looking forward to it!
5 comments:
Two weeks old! How about that! What fun it was to see former pictures of Estelle at around that same age. I think their noses look the same, but Grammie thinks Lena's nose is more turned up.
We both think you have already lost your stomach in the picture of you with a friend. And, it has only been two weeks!
Looking forward to seeing you soon.
Oh, what cute girls!!! So glad that it is easier the second time around!! Thanks for the pics, Julie, and glad you can get out in the sun!!!!!
SAM
Yes, Lena and Estelle sure do look like sisters, but I also noticed that Lena seems to have the turned up nose. In our family Cole has it. Maybe Lena will end up looking more like you. If not, then when you come to Vermont you can just walk around town with Heather for a while pretending she's your daughter because everyone always says she looks like you did as a child.
The first pic of Lena on this post and the first pic of Estelle look nearly identical! WOW, I think they look so much alike...
You look very healthy and happy, Julie. You must be sleeping more than I was when Elijah was only 2 weeks old!!!!!!!!
Sandy, it's all a ruse. I never sleep more than 3.5 hours at a time, at that's if I'm REALLY lucky. Like once every 6 days!
Post a Comment