Saturday, April 24, 2010
The Godfather!
One week ago today we spent the day with Estelle's godfather, François. He and his family live in central France in a city called Clermont-Ferrand. They came to nearby Théoule-sur-Mer on vacation for one week.
We met them on the beach Sunday morning. Our last hurrah before the lice.
Above: Estelle and her godfather. Below, Cléa, who just turned 2, François' daughter.
Let's hope she didn't catch our little friends in her hair!
It was beautiful morning.
Thomas and Aurelie watch Estelle enjoying the real sand at Théoule.
I had been to Théoule 3 other times, but the last time was over 4 years ago. It is west of Cannes from Nice. I had been once on a hike 9 years ago (Mare, do you remember?), once on a boat (Craig & Doug) and once on a scooter for lunch (Craig). It was fun to go back as a family.

The view from their rented spot up in the hills where we went for lunch after the beach.
After lunch we enjoyed a walk up on the ridge just behind their spot. It was stunning.


Above: my charming husband. Below: was I thinking about the view? The scenery? My adorable baby? Or "where on a Sunday night am I going to find anti-lice products when I get back to Nice?"

These 2 guys have been friends since they met on the ice at the age of 3, almost 30 years ago. Incredible.
Last Saturday, the day before we discovered our "lousy friends", we visited the animals in a circus that is in town. It was something like "National Circus Day" so we got to enter for free and visit all the animals. We have done this before, but this time there were seals! Estelle thought that was cool.
This funny seal's name was "Nelson", hilarious to me since I have an uncle and a cousin named Nelson. We learned
We also got to see some rehearsing under the big top. The animal trainers explained (In French) that all circus animals in the West are "dressed" using either English or German. So this is funny, to hear French people with wacky accents hollering at the seals, who were being rather disobedient, and saying "Nelson! No! Bad Nelson! Nelllllllllssooooooonnnn! Nelson!"

These fountains are just a few blocks for our apartment. They are HIGH!
I am patiently awaiting the return of my hockey-star husband, who should be back in time for afternoon snacks today. It's been a looooooong weekend. Luckily we have the pleasure of doing more lice shampoos tonight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment