Thursday, September 02, 2010

School, Hair

The day after Estelle returned, she decided a clump of hair in front of her eyes was a nuisance. This is what I discovered.

For the moment, it is only visible to those searching. When it starts to grow out, she may look a bit silly. Oh well! Here she is, going off for her first day of school yesterday.
This is Year #2 of nursery school, called "Maternelle", and Estelle is in the "Moyenne" section - ("middle", as it is 3 years - last year she was in "petite", next year, "Grande"). At her new school, this year, she is to wear a pink checked smock every day over her clothes. I'm supposed to embroider her name on the outside.....um.....yeah, get RIGHT on that. Joan, when can you fly over?




6 comments:

W,C,H said...

Her hair looks adorable, as does her pink smock. I'm thinking she'll do a lot of painting and messy stuff this year and it's to protect her pretty clothes?

Lil' Martha said...

What, no big clump of hair? I guess you are lucky!! She looks as cute as ever, and practical about it, in this heat! Who wants hair in her eyes? Mom would be pleased! The smock may be cute, but unless there is air conditioning, I would get out my scissors, again, and cut it up!! I would be "all hot and sweaty!" Good luck Estelle!!!

Sam, Jr said...

Even with a piece trimmed out of her hair, she looks adorable. How funny that she did that on her own! Reminds me of when Heather decided to cut her own hair.

Was that the pink frock she was wearing in the picture that needs her name on it, or was that a little coat?

Karen said...

Oh, I love her!! So cute!

Anonymous said...

What a cutie pie!! She is a take-charge girl!!
I would love to embroider her name! I wonder if most people really do it themselves or hire it out??
Happy School, Estelle!!
SAM

Anonymous said...

Good luck in school Estelle...you look so pretty! Auntie Laura