Thursday, January 13, 2011

Good Enough to Eat

I know it, darn it. She does look good enough to eat!
Meanwhile, Tuesday's mail included a new 100 piece puzzle from TaTa Yvette. This kept Little Missy #1 busy all evening....
Opening it was half the work!
When I saw this photo, I thought, who is that big kid? Who is that long lanky girl? Wow, that's Estelle, who sometimes seem so grown up to us...
Later, after the bath, she was right back at it.

Let's take another gander at this little cherub:

I used to say about my nephew/godson Wayne that I just wanted to pop his head off like a dandelion, put it in my pocket and take it out whenever I needed a smile or a cuddle. Léna is at that stage. When she's not saying "No! Pas ça!"
Yesterday, France went loony, as it does every 6 months. The 2nd Wednesday in January, the whole country goes koo-koo. Why? Sales. Every store everywhere by law puts their stock "on sale" to get rid of it, on the same day - the 2nd Wednesday in January. People act nutty. It's kind of like Black Friday after Thanksgiving except it lasts 3 weeks and kind of drags itself out, but the first day is that same insane feeling.
Anyways, for the equivalent of about 9 bucks, I got Estelle some great bib snowpants. When she tried them on at home, Léna decided to get into Estelle's other green snowsuit that is a Size 5. This resulted in 20 minutes of screaming laughter from both of them as they walked around swishing away, nylon against nylon.
This morning at 5 a.m. Estelle suddenly appeared at the head of my bed in the dark, speaking softly to me and said "Is today the day I go on the plane? I want to put on my new snowpants."

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just too precious of a blog...

From the last line, when Estelle is ready for her trip to Vermont to that cute pumpkin all cuddled up in blankets!

They're just both precious and I can't wait to get my hands on them!

sam, jr. said...

That last comment was from Sam, Jr.

Lil' Martha said...

Lena is as cute as a button and Estelle reminds me of her bean pole mother, when she was her age! So tall!! We just got a foot of snow in Richmond, so bring those girls now, equipped with their new snow suits!! You know I would have been up by 5 to head out to France's big sales!! :)

W,C,H said...

In the first picture, Lena looks very much like Estelle.

Estelle will get plenty of use out of those snow pants when she does get here.

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to seeing you all soon! xo laura

Mary said...

Both those girls are just cute as buttons!!!
Qua?! Still no package from Aunt Mary...before too long I'm going to have to send out a posse!!!
Looking forward to your visit!!
Love,
Mary