Baking with syrup and cinnamon and experiencing lots of art is my recipe for a great wkend.
After spending all last wkend getting ready to host our Galette party, this weekend we did nothing but fun: Making a cake Saturday afternoon with Estelle during Léna's nap....

Mashing up bananas.....

Estelle learned how to say " Lick the spoon"


The finished product: "Dr. Bird Cake" - my uncle Lou gave me this recipe for my wedding. (where I collected recipes) and it is alarmingly easy, so good, full of calories.

Today Estelle decided to pretend she was a Jack in the Box:




And then, she became an artist with one of her gifts from Santa:

Thanks Aunt Carole in VT for knitting Estelle this beret:



Last night at theatre: Labiche vaudeville play w/very famous French actors (Philippe Torreton and Dominique Pinon from the film Amelie Poulain), Friday standup comedy by an English lady I know, former BBC writer. We went to the pool, library, park, made pancakes, had raclette, I even slept late due to Léna sleeping late - 7:45!.
Here's a few slow-action videos for those with nothing better to watch on YouTube:
5 comments:
I am glad you had such a nice weekend. The weekends when you are just home doing your own thing are the best!
Enjoyed all the videos! We are getting very excited to see you, soon!
Is that Estelle or Laura Ingalls Wilder baking a cake? C-U-T-E!!!
I love relaxing weekends but have no idea how any of your children sleep until 7:45. Seriously?
Let's see...yesterday, I head, "Mama? MA-ma? MA-MA!!! mamamamamamamama (increasingly agitated)" That was at 6:00AM. This morning, 6:18.
Can't wait to see you in just a few weeks, maybe the girls can give Elijah some sleep pointers. Is Thomas coming to the US?
Haven't had internet for 3 weeks so I'm catching up at IROC. Isn't it great to have a weekend free of obligations? Glad you had time to just be creative.
P.S. I thought of Laura Ingalls also - the picture with the braids.
OMG! Striped shirt, beret, barba-papa apron...you couldn't have a more French looking daughter!! Love IT!!!
Biz! oxox
Post a Comment