Where the heck have I been? Busy.
So, here's photos from our last week in America: Tuesday March 1st, Town Meeting Day in the morning (I loved every second, so great to be home for a part of that incredible New England tradition). Then, tea and bread up at Peter & Jeanne's:

Big girl cousins Katie & Lizzy:

Weds March 2nd: Dr. Seuss' Birthday Party at the Barton Library.


After the stories & game, snack! See Gavin, brother to Wayne's friend Dante/Fintan...


Then time to work on a craft:

Our play in the puppet theater:

Or check out the library's gramophone:

And go visit Aunt Elaine (whom I didn't snap a photo of?)

Back at Joan's ranch: tea party:



Meanwhile, Daddy enjoy's shoveling (or trying to) off Joan's deck:





Everyone had a snow chair.


That night, farewell hotdogs and beans. Here's Wes about to leave for hockey.

The best cousins ever.

Reading with Uncle Cedric

Here's the beautiful quilt that Joan began making last summer for Léna - and now it is finished, and with us here in France! wow!



Watching Curious George and Word World in English one last time while I was packing.

Two 4 year old sweeties, we said goodbye to Heather over lunch:


Thursday March 3rd afternoon- we leave Vermont and head back to NH, stopping in Saint Johnsbury for tea and cookies with Aunt Yolande and Uncle Dale. Fun!

Estelle managed some wooden tulips out of this deal!

Friday March 4th: Snowshoeing with Lisa & Dan in their woods:





"Poop Rock" - porcupine droppings!









Here's cousins Sara/Emily/Anna's old Duplos:

Reading w/Lisa at night, a ritual:


Saturday morning/afternoon: tunnel time! Grammie watches:





Uncle Dan, come out come out!

I took this inside one side of the tunnel.

Opposite side view.


Hard hats were needed.



Is it me, or is it Lisa? You decide. We look more and more alike by the day.

This clever system pulled Estelle up the slope.


The Playmobile Pamphlet, circa 1986, became Léna's obsession one evening.


Estelle enjoying her big cousins' old dolls:

Taking a stroll around the loop on Saturday afternoon in this cleverly conceived "stroller":

....which quickly became a napsite....

Out cold:

Yes that is an archery target.

Reading with Grammie one last time:

What a trip. Where are my photos of all those I missed: Dan's parents, Aunt Elaine, not many of Joanie either! Danny P, Susan, cousin Debbie, etc. .... the list goes on of all the loved ones we saw who may not be represented here in photos, but are vivid in our memories.
18 days of snow snow snow and lots of nice family time, without the support of my family we could never make these trips happen. Thanks family! Such nice memories for Estelle especially.
6 comments:
What wonderful pictures! Love the picture of you and Wesley, the snow tunnels and the cool "stroller" that is really Dan's wood wagon?
Love you! xo La
I had forgotten a lot of the things we did together until I saw this blog. Nice memories of times with my French loved ones. So nice to relive our time together.
Wow, what fun! I was really struck by the portraits of Estelle and Heather together. What big girls they are now.
Uncle Dan pull me around in the wood cart next time I'm home?
What a host of beautiful pictures!! Love the one of the girls asleep in the make-shift "stroller". I wanted to get in that snow tunne! What fun!!
Love,
Mary :)
Wonderful pictures! Can't wait for the next trip!!
What a great trip! Alas, Barton Library, you have nothing on the Barton men's shelter.
Post a Comment