Friday, October 21, 2011

This week in photos

Who remembers that we went to Morocco in 2007? T's coworker Mikael was on that trip with us. His last day at the company was today as he is re-locating with his fiancée. Tuesday we had him over for dinner:
Here is where he had to read Estelle a story about a baker and how he makes bread - since Mickael's dad is a baker himself.
Below, here is how I found Estelle sleeping: behind Winnie is Mom's monkey sock doll, Martha's Holly Hobbie, and the doll from the Island of Misfit Toys.
Wednesday: English friends Janette visits with her daughter Eleanor and her friend Tash (Natasha). These 2 big girls (14 years old) were a LOT of fun for my 2 little girls.

My favorite part of the week: Fridays Lena goes to a municipal day-play center for 3 hours and then I pick her up, take her home for lunch and nap and then we have a little time together before fetching Estelle.
Today after her nap, she came out on the couch and listened to music like this for 30 minutes.
Also Wednesday: the piano tuner came. Fascinating!

6 comments:

W,C,H said...

Looks like the girls had lots of fun with all their company this week, but I especially loved the sleeping pictures. There's something about a sleeping child...Wish mine were sleeping right now.

Anna said...

Love how interested the girls were in the piano tuner! Is he doing that by ear? I remember ours would bring a little electronic thing to tell him if he was at the correct pitch.

Léna OUILLADE said...

Anna = yes Mathieu does this totally by ear. If you look at the still photo before the video, you can see he has a tuning fork clamped in his mouth. He would whack that on one of his tools laying on top of something inside the piano, then stick the end in his mouth and listen. Over and over and over. He was there an hour and a half. This tuning was free with the purchase of our piano (about 11 months ago). I have no idea what it costs otherwise! Mathieu is the person who originally showed me the pianos about 18 months ago when I decided I wanted one for my 40th. He works for the older piano shop (Maison de Piano) in Nice, where Estelle goes for her lessons.

Aunt Lisa said...

What fun to see the girls watching so quietly and patiently to the piano tuner. My girls didn't like the piano tuner as they had to be quiet and would go play upstairs until he left.

Lil' Martha said...

It must've been neat for the girls to watch Mathieu tune and see the innards of their piano, but I felt like Estelle was bored, as twice she lifted her arm up, and then down, as it probably took so long, and she just wanted to play it!!
Sweet to see Estelle and Lena both napping and Estelle with her dolls all tucked in next to her!

Sandy Alexander said...

Those two English girls are beautiful! Thepictures of Estelle and Lena sleeping are MORE than precious...
I'm sure it must be nice for Lena to go to daycare-playcare and make new friends all her own (and nice for Mommy to have a few hours to herself, too).
Tell Thomas I'm very sorry about the rugby match last Sunday. Hope he's recovered well enough to return to work :-)