Thursday, December 01, 2011

Advent Calendar Bonanza!

I always say, nothing like 6 advent calendars in an apartment less than 1000 sq feet to get your holiday season off with a BANG! Below: Advent Calendar #1, and certainly the most coveted: The Kinder Surprise = every day is Kinder chocolate. Thanks Papy & Manou!
Below: Advent Calendar #2: from Estelle's "Pom d'Api" magazine, the little donkey goes from window to window each night. You tear off the window and on the other side is a picture of something he is bringing to Jesus. Today (Dec. 1st) item was clover. You put it in his basket on his back. The magazine has a story, one page per day, to accompany each window and explain what happens. There's even a Star of Bethlehem that moves along with him, to guide him. Great!
Below: #3 - Vermont Christmas Company's version of "Twas the Night Before Christmas" - each window has a different verse on the inside cover and a charming little image to go along with the verse. Thanks Martha & Chris!
A little Jingle Bells to get things rockin'..... Funny, Estelle burst out into singing "Rudolph" tonight, which surprised all of us that she would remember so many of the words since last year. So I plucked it out by ear and then we wrote out the music for her. She is practicing the first two lines - stayed tuned for a video of THAT!
Below: Calendar #5's book component: Eric Carle's "Dream Snow". Thanks Darlene/Wes/Wayne/Cole & Heather! Such a great story to go with a VERY cleverly made Pop-Up Advent calendar which you'll be seeing in our next installment, along with #6, both of which escaped the photo shoot today. They're not in the Advent Calender Union.
Meanwhile, a few videos from yesterday which showcase our new favorite buddy:
CB, or as Léna calls him "Le Bonhomme de Niege".

6 comments:

Sara said...

OOooo I love Kinder Surprise! AND advent calendars!

Anonymous said...

Just toooooo cute!! Lena and Thomas both have the moves to be on the CB team!!
I did have an advent calendar to send, ,but I will save it for next year!!
Julie, these must have been taken before your big pleurisy shakedown, nes't pas?
SAM

Lil' Martha said...

gJulie, glad the girls and Thomas liked CB! I imagined Lena would be dancing along! Just to clarify that the video of the grandchildren putting on their version of the CB Xmas was from Mary. I think the girls tore open the present so fast,that you didn't get to see the tag from Mary! Being the director, know you will love the memories. Love, Mart

Léna OUILLADE said...

Joan, yes took these videos on Wednesday before my pleurisy snap yesterday morning. And Mart NO I did not see the detail that it said Mary and not Martha on the tag so VERY glad you pointed that out! I plan to watch it today from my sickbed.

Anonymous said...

Martha showed me the dancing Charlie Brown when I was at her house and we laughed so hard...it is awesome!
Loved the videos and hope you are feeling better soon!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Julie,
Who are those old photos on the piano? They look unfamiliar, or maybe I just cannot see them so well?
SAM