
Happy Easter everyone! Our first year without Craig & Doug for Easter. But we are enjoying making our own tradition right here. Estelle & I went to mass this morning and she was quite interested. She's also interested in chocolate!

The Easter Bunny has to get creative in France. No pastel candies, no jelly beans as we know them, no pastel M&M's or foil wrapped special Darks. No Peeps, no chicks. No white eggs (oh lord that's ANOTHER story I'll save for when I have the energy - I think I am emotionally - and fiscally - scarred).


Usually I buy Easter candy when I'm in America for the winter break, which of course I was unable to do this year. So here's one chocoloate bunny we bought for $15 at the bakery.



So this year the Easter Bunny brought lots of great Easter-themed books.

Every time I see the photo below, for some reason I think "Uncle Sam wants YOU!"





On Good Friday, we had a little visit from Baby Basile, who is nearly 6 months old. Eliott & Estelle were at school. Friday afternoons I stay home with Léna.

Léna likes to give him kisses!


Estelle enjoying a gift from one of my students.

Night-time reading:

Peekaboo

The girls have (re) discovered that if you pull off a turtleneck and leave it on, it's like you have long hair!



This is little Estelly Welly when we was knocked down with a stomach bug 2 weeks ago. Poor kid.

Notice that by the next afternoon she was eating cake batter.

This was so funny to them. Pile stuffed animals on the couch.

Hope everyone has a nice Easter day. Spring has certainly sprung in Nice. This has been a long, hard winter for me, starting on Halloween when I first got sick. Lots of you have emailed and asked about my lungs - I am back to full steam as far as work, etc, but I can feel that my respiratory system hasn't quite caught up with me yet. Some days I seem to cough a lot with all kinds of gunk coming up and other days I forget all about it. The doctors said it would be long, and it's already been over 5 months - Easter means Spring and spring means warm days and clear lungs, I hope!
5 comments:
Heather says, "I like the picture of Lena with the shirt on her head." She also wants to know what is in the yellow presents on the table.
$15 for a chocolate bunny?!? It would pay off for you to just buy a bunny shaped mold and melt your own chocolate to make an Easter Bunny.
Did you get your new camera? Your pictures look nice.
Happy Easter.
Really enjoyed your Easter pictures. The girls look very happy looking at all their Easter things.
So glad to hear that your lungs are somewhat better.
I am glad that you are starting your own family Easter traditions.
Love, Lisa
Julie, loved the Easter table full of pretty boxes and flowers! Remind me next year to send snowflake chocolate for less $$! I remember Mary and I pulling off our turtlenecks so that we had long hair too! Our office has had MANY cases of pertussis! I feel for you and your lungs!! Glad you had nice weather for Easter, and for healing! Snowed lightly this am, but sunny pm! Happy Easter to you all!
Loved the photos of your little sweetie pies, and the cute, cute baby, too!
I bet the high-priced chocolate you got is of a no doubt higher grade than our bunnies and chocolate eggs!
Do hope you are feeling back to full lung power soon, Jules!
Love, SAM
Christ is Risen from the Dead! Joyous Easter to you!!
xo La
Post a Comment