Today I got right back on the horse and went straight up to the top on the chairlift first thing. I was able to even spot our chalet. Here's a fuzzy zoomed photo:
I had 4 great runs, and by the 4th run I got brave enough to go onto a blue trail. A friend gave me some pointers about how to make turns which really helped. It was thrilling to go fast. The girls were both smiling at the end of their lessons - Léna even won a prize (cola-flavoured candy!) for being the last kid standing on this merry-go-round thing they use to teach kids to hold on. She was pretty excited.
Meanwhile, grandparents are great. They crawl around pretending to be a wolf. They make you homemade fries cook in duck grease.
They feed you when you arrive back at the chalet after being gone for 2 days for work (Thomas).
And they read to you when you're in your PJ's. Life in ski heaven is good. Tomorrow: Day 3 = skiing with my husband. Watch out.
Tuesday, February 26, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
I am so impressed at how good all of you are getting at skiing. Your chalet looks nice. Guy is a great Grandpa!
Love, love, love it all...I feel like I am on vacation with you, seeing what is happening each day!! I love that the girls have both "heads of the table."
Are Andre and Guy doing any skiing, too?
Have fun, be careful!!
Love to you all!!
SAM
It feels like you are in Heidi's Grandfather's chalet in the Alps, sitting around the rustic cute table and chairs, eating yummy foods! Love the photo of the girls and their grandpie! They must be sleeping well, and you too, after a full day skiing! Way to go, Julie!
Post a Comment