Our little family is happily installed in St. Dalmas, a village in the greater commune of Valdeblore, where there is a ski skation La Colmiane. We arrived this afternoon and are thrilled with our chalet that I found to rent on the internet. The owner and his wife were here for the meet & greet.
No photos to show yet and here's why: this morning at 7 a.m. I woke up with a headache, which progressively got worse as I spent my morning packing up to leave Nice, with Andrée & Guy helping. We left around 12:30 for the quick ride (less and 90 minutes) and my headache was escalating. Eventually I was carsick and Thomas did a quick pull-over. As soon as our meet & greet was over at the chalet, I laid down and things went from bad to worse. After vomiting 10 times and feeling like my head would split open, phone calls were made, and a lovely doctor named Vincent arrived at our snowbound chalet, gave me a shot in the butt and some codeine to drink and went on his merry way. 1 hour later I was able to sit up. 4 hours later I ate soup.
Holy migraine, batman. This happened to me once last year and the same result: only a shot in the butt was able to save me. Anyways, so grateful for the French system of doctor house calls - even up a mountain in the snow! Yeah France!
Saturday, February 23, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Geesh, Julie, I am glad the shot did the trick!!!
Hope you feel better tomorrow, and that you all enjoy what must be an incredible place. Glad that Guy and Andree were there to help!
Love to you all,
Joanie
So glad you are starting to feel better! What a horrible experience for you. Hope that is the last of that headache for this week of vacation and you are able to relax and enjoy!
Actually Sam Jr. said the above statement!
France is wonderful. Not only do doctors make house calls, but they actually give you something to make you feel better? Here in the US you have to drive yourself, sick as a dog, to the doctor's office, only to have them tell you basically, that you just have to tough it out.
Glad you're feeling better. Hope the rest of your vacation is more fun. Can't wait to see the photos.
Post a Comment