Saturday, June 07, 2014

Oboe

 On May 26th, Estelle had her first "real" oboe recital at the Conservatory.  She played a piece called "Banana Tango", which she practiced in her lessons with her professor, Charlotte (whom you see in the video). 
Estelle also practiced at home, almost every day.  2 days before the recital, she got to go to the Conservatory on a Saturday and play with the accompanist on the piano.  He gave me a photocopy of the music to play so I could help Estelle practice. It was a challenge for me - it was hard to play!  He makes it look easy!  :-)
We were VERY proud of Estelle because Charlotte says Banana Tango is not an easy piece to play for someone who just started the oboe 9 months ago.
Estelle says "J'ai raté", which means "I made a mistake", but we told her mistakes are o-kay!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bravo, Estelle!! I think it was such a pretty song, it sort of sounded like it had a Parisian flair to it. Can't wait to hear you play in person!
Love, Joanie

W,C,H said...

Estelle, you are awesome! I did not hear any mistakes. I think you are making that up to be modest. It sounded perfect. I don't know much about music myself, but it seems like there must have been some tricky rhythms to play in that piece.

When W,C, and H come in from outside I will tell them to watch this video. They will be very impressed.

Great job, Estelle!

Cousin Anna said...

Very cool! Great job, Estelle.

Aunt LIsa said...

Grammie Alexander and Aunt Lisa really enjoyed your playing, Estelle! It was such a pretty piece to listen to. We are very impressed with how much you have learned in such a short time!

We are so proud of you!

W,C,H said...

Cole says, "Oboe sounds like saxophone. Good job."

Heather says, "You did a good job on your oboe concert."

Wayne says, "You play as good as Cole with his saxophone!"

Anonymous said...

Bravo Estelle. C'était agréable de se réveiller ce matin avec un si joli concert en attendant Peter. Bisous et encore bravo et de nombreux morceaux de musique à écouter.
Papi et Manou