Friday, January 06, 2012
Christmas Eve, Christmas morning
There's a lot to do on Christmas Eve. But the most important thing is to make the Buche de Noel with Papy. He is a PRO. Seriously.
The best buche I have ever eaten in my life. I don't know how he can ever top it.
Léna is sure that is she leaves more shoes, she'll get more presents.
Estelle was much more excited about leaving the food and drawing for Santa than leaving her shoes.
Christmas morning, at 8 a.m., the whole house was still asleep. I tiptoed down the hallway to the bathroom and found Estelle lying in her bed, awake, but silent. She saw me and said "Mommy, do you think Santa came?" I replied "I don't know". She said, "let's go see if he ate his apple." When she came out and saw that Santa had enjoyed his snack, this was her reaction. She didn't even give the gifts a 2nd glance. Totally not interested. I honestly think she forgot!
The note Santa left behind - so authentic. Even singed around the edges. It says "Thank you for this little meal. I am leaving full of energy to deliver for the other children. Father Christmas".
I've cited this in previous blogs, but notice the shoes. This is the French tradition - you place your shoes near the fireplace, and gifts are placed around them.

Then Thing#2 woke up and came downstairs, and things started to get a little more lively. Wow! Look at all this loot!
Magnetic map puzzle. Too cool.
Place baby Jesus in the creche, which is only done on Christmas morning.
There he is! Christ is born!
Meanwhile, this assembly line worker is looking all tired out. Too many Playdough Mr. Potato Heads rolling out of this shift.
Well that's all the energy this lung-chic has for this evening. Hope to show some other fun photos of all the people we saw during our holiday season.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I loved the letter that Father Christmas left!!!!
Loved seeing all the photos!!!
Happy New Year!
SAM
What a beautiful location for Christmas morning!
Hoping you are feeling stronger every day!!
xoxo
That buche de noel sure does look great! I love all the French customs including the shoes by the fireplace. Think it is neat to think Estelle's delight over Pere Noel eating her snack was more exciting than seeing her gifts!
Thanks for sharing all these photos with us. Looked like it was a lovely Christmas!
Love seeing your Christmas pictures and seeing how similar AND how different some of your traditions are. Estelle's Reaction to finding Santa's letter is priceless. Also love how Lena went right to town with her gifts.
Christ is Born! Glorify Him!
The Orthodox Christians have a filling the shoes with candy tradition for the eve of St. Nicholas day (Dec. 6).
So much fun!
xoxo
Andre and Guy's home looks so beautiful, all decorated for Pierre Noel! Love the note and the shoes set out! How priceless for Estelle to see that note and the apple eaten! Do you put grass in the shoes, or is that Swedish?
Post a Comment